Personal career development
Regular personal meetings
to identify your career goals and get help with applications
Learn from industry experts
and develop your commercial awareness with visits to employers and guest speakers
Customised career workshops
to help you find the right job and get the training you need
Support for international students
and extended post-study work visa
Find the right job for you
We know that one important reason for doing a master’s degree is to improve your career prospects. We have years of experience working with a range of organisations all over the world.
Our graduates have an impressive employment record. We’ll help you develop the skills and abilities you need to achieve your career goals.
You will enjoy various timetabled and optional career activities during the year. You’ll also select from a variety of optional ways to improve your CV and find the right job for you.
Available to you
A dedicated careers advisor
You’ll have access to a dedicated careers advisor who will support you through every step of your job search. Through regular personal meetings your advisor will:
- identify your strengths and interests
- help you make job applications
- help you practice interviews and assessment centre activities
Career training and workshops
Our workshops cover all aspects of the recruitment process. You’ll receive help with:
- cover letters
- online applications
- assessment centres
- interview practice with employers
- support for aptitude tests including maths refresher courses
- skills development workshops
You’ll also improve your teamwork, presentation and networking skills. These are essential for success on your course, in the application process and in the workplace.
Graduate recruiters and experienced career advisors deliver our workshops. You’ll get insight into what employers are really looking for.
Industry Insight events
Find out about roles, organisations and company cultures at our Industry Insight events. You’ll meet School alumni from all stages of their career and hear about their experiences.
- events cover a range of industries (like supply chain, marketing or HR)
- find out what working at specific companies is actually like
- learn what strengths and skills employers are looking for
- see what sort of companies and roles will suit you best
- get tips on making successful applications
- hear about out what it’s like to work in the UK
Meet graduate recruiters
From the moment you arrive at Bath, you will have many opportunities to engage with our corporate contacts.
Our unique Future Business Challenge lets you spend a week visiting companies. You’ll meet senior business leaders and put your learning into practice.
Employers also help with the delivery of many of our workshops.
These events all help you learn how to talk to businesses, show off your skills and make the contacts to help your career.
Some examples of companies we’ve worked with: L’Oreal, Danone, Google, IBM, BM, Bloomberg, EY, PwC, Ted Baker, Divine Chocolate, Rolls Royce, BMW, Dyson, Arup, Mars, Unilever, Cisco.
Support for international students
- We’re one of four UK universities to take part in a new post-study work visa pilot. All international students will receive a six-month post-study visa. If you want one, we can help you find and apply for internships to start after your course
- We’ll provide you with information on getting your work permit sponsored. You’ll get up to date information on where to apply, and how to maximise your success
Support outside the UK
- We run an International Careers week with the University Careers service. Meet global employers at events designed to prepare you for your international job search
- We also organise annual careers fairs and networking events in China and Southeast Asia
- You’ll also benefit from our network of 16,000 supportive alumni working in 137 countries worldwide
Support for entrepreneurs
Many Bath graduates go on to become entrepreneurs and business innovators. If you want to start your own business, we can support your entrepreneurial aims. Entrepreneurship is a significant theme at Bath.
Our Entrepreneurship Challenge will help you learn business idea development and presentation. This is a week-long team challenge where you develop a business model. You’ll then pitch your ideas to alumni entrepreneurs and industry experts.
If you’re an international student you might want to apply for one of our ten Tier 1 Entrepreneur visas. These allow you to stay in the UK after the MSc to develop your business idea.