Personal career development
Regular personal meetings
to identify your career goals and get help with applications
Customised career workshops
to get the training you need to start your dream career
Learn from industry experts
and develop your commercial awareness with visits to employers and guest speakers
Support for international students
and extended post-study work visa
Your career development
We know that improving your career prospects is an important reason for doing a master’s. We provide career development to get you ready for the working world.
Our graduates have an impressive employment record. We will help you develop the skills and confidence you need to feel prepared from the moment you step into the interview room. Our aim is to get you ready for the next step of your professional journey. We include careers support in the timetable for all our MSc courses. You’ll also be able to get involved with a variety of optional career activities during the year. These opportunities will help you enhance your CV.
Your career support
A dedicated careers advisor
You’ll have access to a dedicated careers advisor who will support you through every step of your job search. Through regular personal meetings your advisor will:
- identify your strengths and interests
- help you make job applications
- help you practice interviews and assessment centre activities
Customised career training and workshops
Our workshops cover all aspects of the recruitment process. You’ll get help with:
- cover letters
- online applications
- assessment centres
- interview practice with employers
- support for aptitude tests including maths refresher courses
- skills development workshops
You’ll also improve your teamwork, presentation and networking skills. These are essential for success on your course, for making applications and at work.
Our workshops are delivered by experienced career advisors and graduate recruiters. This will give you give insight into what employers are really looking for.
Industry Insight events
Our graduates return to discuss their career and give advice on working in different sectors. You’ll find out about roles, organisations and company cultures.
- events cover a range of industries (like supply chain, marketing or HR)
- find out what working at specific companies is actually like
- learn what strengths and skills employers are looking for
- see what sort of companies and roles will suit you best
- get tips on making successful applications
- hear about out what it’s like to work in the UK
Support for international students
- All international students will receive a six-month post-study visa. If you want an internship, we can help you find and apply for one to start after your course
- We’ll provide you with information on getting your work permit sponsored. You’ll get up to date information on where to apply, and how to maximise your success
Support outside the UK
- We run an International Careers week with the University Careers service. Meet global employers and get prepared for your international job search
- We also organise annual careers fairs and networking events in China and Southeast Asia
- You’ll benefit from our network of over 19,000 supportive alumni working in over 130 countries worldwide
Support for entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurship is a key theme at Bath. Many University of Bath graduates go on to become entrepreneurs and business innovators.
You can put your entrepreneurial skills to the test with our optional Entrepreneurship Challenge. In a team, you’ll develop a business model. You’ll then pitch your ideas to alumni entrepreneurs and industry experts.